We have always planned Chicago Phoenix on a subscription model. Honest, quality reporting requires financial resources other than the cyclical ebb and flow of advertising. Stories must be found. They need to be fact-checked, edited, formatted, distributed. And a true journalist requires education and training. We hope that you see this as we do: a personal investment in quality journalism and investigative reporting.
- Readers can view 15 articles a month at no charge.
- There are 3 subscription levels to choose from, costing about the same as a good cup of coffee. (review the plans)
- Section fronts and the home page will remain free.
- Links from some search engines will have daily free article limits.
- Access to the Chicago Phoenix through mobile apps (iOS, Android, Kindle) have the same subscription structure.
- Community Edition will always be free.