Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Published: October 27, 2012
- Yield: 1 ( 6 Servings )
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 mins
- 2 heads garlic
- 3 tbs water
- 6 medium red potatoes
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tbs butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- pepper to taste
- Ahead of time: Cut off bottom fourth of each head of garlic – enough to expose the ends of all the cloves.
Place in a pouch made of heavy-duty or double-thickness aluminum foil and add 3 tablespoons water.
Securely seal the pouch. In a 350-degree oven or toaster oven, roast garlic until very tender when poked with a sharp knife (about 1 hour).
Allow garlic to cool. When garlic is cooled, squeeze the cloves into a small bowl and set aside while making the potatoes.
- Peel and cut potatoes into chunks. Place in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until tender. Drain.
- In another pan, heat milk until very hot but not boiling.
- Place potatoes in a bowl. Add butter, salt and garlic. Start mixer on a medium-low setting.
- Slowly pour in about half the milk. When well-blended, stop mixer and scrape down bowl.
- Add parmesan cheese, more salt if needed and black pepper to taste.
- Start mixer again, slowly adding milk until desired fluffiness is achieved.